Advertisement

Some May Criticize But I Understand My Dad’s Signing And That’s What Matters

Some May Criticize But I Understand My Dad’s Signing And That’s What Matters This video is the fourth and last video my Dad and I filmed together last Fall. From time to time, throughout the years, I have gotten comments criticizing my Dad’s signing but I never replied to those comments. I have been meaning to make a video about it but I kept putting it off. Then last fall, my Dad and I spontaneously filmed a YouTube video together and then I asked him to film a few more videos with me, to help me get started, to get in the habit of filming a new video every week and as usual, there were a few criticizing comments but it wasn’t until I read that one comment saying that ASL 1 students know more signs than my Dad 😒 that I finally made a video about it. I’m not upset about these comments but they really don’t understand and I wanted to explain- I’m very blessed that my parents even sign because not many hearing parents of deaf children learn sign language to communicate with their deaf child. Yes, there will always be people who criticize, that my parents’ signing should have been better but really, it’s a blessing that they even sign. I’m so grateful they chose to learn sign language to communicate with me, I really can’t imagine my life otherwise. I hope to encourage more hearing parents to learn sign language and have a good relationship with their deaf child as it will really enhance their lives.

Thanks for watching! As always, I appreciate all your kind words, thank you. 💛

P.S. Here are a few links for hearing parents of a deaf child to check out:
Link 1:
Link 2:
Link 3:

P.P.S. Here is the link to the interview with my parents if you haven’t watched it yet. In the video, my parents shared what it was like finding out I was deaf and what it was like raising a deaf child.

Instagram: @signedwithheart

sign language,asl,american sign language,deaf,deaf child,hearing parents,deaf vlogger,asl vlog,

Post a Comment

0 Comments